Thursday, October 10, 2013

HERE'S MY TIPS ON HOW TO REDUCE THE TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF AVONEX & OTHER INTERFERONS

I think we are the unknown hero's of multiple sclerosis. I myself was dx'd in 2000 at 27 years of age. I was put on avonex immediately. Many stop this therapy because of the side effects we all know that interferons cause. I can say that I have lost 24 hours a week to avonex. I run a fever and have extra fatigue and often extra pain and depression on what I call my medicine day. I've found there are ways to help myself. Take ibuprofen before my shot which my husband gives just before bed. I try to sleep through the fluish feelings. I take ibuprofen when I wake and it helps more than any thing I've been prescribed. I have not had a flare for many years and I will stay on avonex
even if I moan and groan one day a week. I make sure medicine day falls on Monday so I am alone for the tears. It makes others nervous to see the side effects of the interferon. I've decided that I'll struggle through avonex issues because at this time we have no perfect meds and I think if it's not broke it does not need to be fixed.if you are starting avonex know there is a possibility it may work too keep you stable. Just buy ibuprofen and prepare for your medicine day. Good luck to everyone and remember to smile today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment